I'm an assistant professor at the Department of Computer Science (DI) and also collaborating faculty of the Graduate Program in Computer Science (PPGI) at the Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo. I hold a Ph.D. (2015) from the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais advised by Professors José Marcos Silva Nogueira and Daniel Macedo, and also, an International jointly Ph.D. from the Université Paris-Est, advised by Professor Yacine Ghamri-Doudane. During my Ph.D. and postdoc (2016), I investigated Device-to-Device (D2D) communication, where I was lucky to work and cooperate with the Wireless Network Group. My Thesis is available here.
Today I'm collaborating with the following research labs at UFES:
- Scholarship opportunities:We have two open positions to work on the project "Internet of Things as a platform for multidisciplinary learning", for UFES undergrad students. All requirements for the positions here and more info about the project here . Applications up to March 15, 2020.
- This year I'm helping to organize the XXV NETWORK AND SERVICES OPERATIONS & MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP (WGRS) Jointly with the XXXVIII SBRC 2020 - Dec 7 at Rio de Janeiro, RJ. More info: WGRS 2020 webpage
- CFP: IV Urban Computation Workshop(IV CoUrb) Jointly with the XXXVIII SBRC 2020 - Dec 7 at Rio de Janeiro, RJ. More info: CoUrb 2020
- The final undergraduate project " A participatory sensing framework to classify road surface quality" was finally published in Journal of Internet and Service Applications and it is now available online. In this article, we discuss how to extract features from smartphones' accelerometers readings to infer road surface quality by using supervised learning algorithms.
- Our new article Towards scalable mobile crowdsensing through device-to-device communication is now available online. In this article, we discuss how device-to-device communication can improve crowdsensing systems and how to engage user to cooperate through a novel reputation-based incentive mechanism.
Researchback to top
I've been working with wireless networking and communication in the context of smart cities and future Internet. My research interests are:
- Smart Cities
- Urban Computing
- Crowdsensing (humans as mobile sensors)
- User behavior/traffic characterization on mobile networks
- Internet of Things (Data aggregation & data Analysis)
- Future Internet
- 5G networks
- Device-to-Device (D2D) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication
- Internet of Things (transport and communication protocols)
- Software Defined Networks (SDN)
- Universal CNPq - MobNext: Mobility models, Algorithms and Protocols to the next mobile networking generation (2019-2021)
This research project aims primarily at the modeling and characterization of mobile systems, which will result in novel algorithms, protocols, and applications.
- PIIC/UFES- Internet of Things as a multidisciplinary course. (2019-2020)
Two undergraduate students scholarships.
This one-year project was renewed and we will improve the material and tutorials available.
Contributions of this project are available at gitlab IoT UFES.
- FUTEBOL: Federated Union of Telecommunications Research Facilities for an EU-Brasil Open Laboratory (2016-2019)
An Horizon 2020 / BR-UE project, where UFES LabTel / NERDS participates in this pool of Institutions to provide and conduct scientific experiments on heterogeneous, wired and wireless communication networks. Under the leadership of UFRGS and Trinity College, the project also counts Unicamp, UFMG, UFC, Intel-Brasil and Digitel; Europe, Bristol, VTT (Finland), IT / PT (Portugal) and Intel (Germany).
More info at http://www.ict-futebol.org.br/
- I supervisoned the following projects while I was at UFOP (2016-2017)
- Evaluating Device-to-Device Communication testbed using off-the-shelf devices. (2017-2018) PIP/UFOP - undergraduate student scholarship.
- Internet of Things as a multidisciplinary course. (2017-2018) PROATIVA/UFOP - undergraduate student scholarship. The main contribution of this project is available at gitlab ufop.
- Here is a clip of some of my proposals (in Portuguese only)
Past Conferences I colaborated with:
- Local Comitee: XVIII Simpósio Brasileiro sobre Fatores Humanos em Sistemas Computacionais IHC 2019 was held at Vitória - ES - Oct 21-25, 2019.
TPC (not updated):
- III Urban Computation Workshop(III CoUrb) Jointly with the XXXVII SBRC 2019 - May 6 at Gramado, RS.
Awardsback to top
- My paper Evaluating road quality through Participatory sensing was awarded honors at the II Workshop on Urban Computing, which
was held at Campos do Jordão - SP - May 2018 - jointly with XXXVI SBRC
Paper (in portuguese) [pdf ] [slide show]
- The project Internet of Things as a multidisciplinary course was awarded honors as best paper at the Encontro de saberes 2017 - UFOP.
Details of this project are available at gitlab ufop.
Teachingback to top
All information about courses are in AVA (UFES students only).
INF09292 - Estrutura de dados I
T01: Seg-Qua -- 15h
T02: Qua-Sex -- 13h
Publicationsback to top
The full-list of publications and texts are available at my ResearchGate. Following I present a list of selected publications.