I'm an assistant professor at the Department of Computer Science (DI) and also collaborating faculty of the Graduate Program in Computer Science (PPGI) at the Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo. I hold a Ph.D. (2015) from the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais advised by Professors José Marcos Silva Nogueira and Daniel Macedo, and also, an International jointly Ph.D. from the Université Paris-Est, advised by Professor Yacine Ghamri-Doudane. During my Ph.D. and postdoc (2016), I investigated Device-to-Device (D2D) communication, where I was lucky to work and cooperate with the Wireless Network Group. My Thesis is available here.
Today I'm collaborating with the following research labs at UFES:
- New article available: Joint Content-Mobility Priority Modeling for Cached Content Selection in D2D Networks in Journal of Network and System Management (2021). This article is a collaboration with Vinicius Silva, Daniel Macedo (UFMG), and Marcelo Amorim (LIP6). Available at https://doi.org/10.1007/s10922-020-09569-2.
- The paper Mobility and Community Detection Based on Topics of Interest, co-authored with Iran Ribeiro et al., was accepted at the IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference, 2021. Paper and dataset will be available soon.
- Great news!! We had two papers accepted at the Brazilian Symposium on Computer Networks and Distributed Systems (SBRC) 2020:
- Caracterização de Mobilidade e Detecção de Comunidades baseadas em Tópicos de Interesse. Iran Ribeiro et al.
- Um Arcabouço para Detecção e Alerta de Anomalias de Mobilidade Urbana em Tempo Real. Marco Thomé et al.
- Our paper discussing the results of the project Internet of Things as a multidisciplinary course was accepted at 28th Workshop on Computing Education. Print available.
- The projects developed by the students during Integration Project course are available in the YouTube channel of the course.
- New article available:Neutrality May Matter: Sentiment Analysis in Reviews of Airbnb, Booking, and Couchsurfing in Brazil and USA in Springer Social Network Analysis and Mining Journal (2020). Print available. This article is coauthored with Thiago Silva (UTFPR) and Fabricio Benevenuto (UFMG).
- This year I'm helping to organize the XXV NETWORK AND SERVICES OPERATIONS & MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP (WGRS) Jointly with the XXXVIII SBRC 2020 - Dec 7 at Rio de Janeiro, RJ. More info: WGRS 2020 webpage
- Call For Participation: IV Urban Computation Workshop(IV CoUrb) Jointly with the XXXVIII SBRC 2020 - Dec 7 at Rio de Janeiro, RJ. (Virtually) More info: CoUrb 2020
Researchback to top
I've been working with wireless networking and communication in the context of smart cities and future Internet. My research interests are:
- Smart Cities
- Urban Computing
- Crowdsensing (humans as mobile sensors)
- User behavior/traffic characterization on mobile networks
- Internet of Things (Data aggregation & data Analysis)
- Future Internet
- 5G networks
- Device-to-Device (D2D) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication
- Internet of Things (transport and communication protocols)
- Software Defined Networks (SDN)
- Universal CNPq - MobNext: Mobility models, Algorithms and Protocols to the next mobile networking generation (2019-2021)
This research project aims primarily at the modeling and characterization of mobile systems, which will result in novel algorithms, protocols, and applications. Two undergraduate students scholarships funded by PIIC/UFES 2020 and CNPq.
- GoodWeb Colaborating in this project, supervised by UTFPR, and with Cooperation of UFMG, INRIA, and UNICAMP. One undergraduate student scholarship funded by PIIC/UFES/CNPq 2020.
- Teaching - Internet of Things as a multidisciplinary course. (2019-2020) Two undergraduate students scholarships funded by UFES 2020. Development of material and tutorials to help introducing IoT in the beggining of CS course. This project is available at gitlab IoT UFES.
- FUTEBOL: Federated Union of Telecommunications Research Facilities for an EU-Brasil Open Laboratory (2016-2019)
An Horizon 2020 / BR-UE project, where UFES LabTel / NERDS participates in this pool of Institutions to provide and conduct scientific experiments on heterogeneous, wired and wireless communication networks. Under the leadership of UFRGS and Trinity College, the project also counts Unicamp, UFMG, UFC, Intel-Brasil and Digitel; Europe, Bristol, VTT (Finland), IT / PT (Portugal) and Intel (Germany).
More info at http://www.ict-futebol.org.br/
- I supervisoned the following projects while I was at UFOP (2016-2017)
- Evaluating Device-to-Device Communication testbed using off-the-shelf devices. (2017-2018) PIP/UFOP - undergraduate student scholarship.
- Internet of Things as a multidisciplinary course. (2017-2018) PROATIVA/UFOP - undergraduate student scholarship. The main contribution of this project is available at gitlab ufop.
- Here is a clip of some of my proposals (in Portuguese only)
Past Conferences I colaborated with:
- Local Comitee: XVIII Simpósio Brasileiro sobre Fatores Humanos em Sistemas Computacionais IHC 2019 was held at Vitória - ES - Oct 21-25, 2019.
TPC (not updated):
- III Urban Computation Workshop(III CoUrb) Jointly with the XXXVII SBRC 2019 - May 6 at Gramado, RS.
Awardsback to top
- My paper Evaluating road quality through Participatory sensing was awarded honors at the II Workshop on Urban Computing, which
was held at Campos do Jordão - SP - May 2018 - jointly with XXXVI SBRC
Paper (in portuguese) [pdf ] [slide show]
- The project Internet of Things as a multidisciplinary course was awarded honors as best paper at the Encontro de saberes 2017 - UFOP.
Details of this project are available at gitlab ufop.
Teachingback to top
All information about courses are in AVA (UFES students only).
INF09292 - Estrutura de dados I
T01: Seg-Qua -- 15h
T02: Qua-Sex -- 13h
Publicationsback to top
The full-list of publications and texts are available at my ResearchGate. Following I present a list of selected publications.